Saturday, August 16, 2008

Vay-Cay to Idaho! Part 1

A couple of weeks ago, my parents stuffed me into the back of the car one evening and I quickly fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning, we were in a new place that my mom kept calling Idaho. Apparently it's where she's from and she's a big fan of the place. In Idaho, there are cows, dogs, and a house that's waaaay bigger than ours with Grandma and Grandpa Black inside. Sometimes Uncle Spencer is there too.

Uncle Spence has this awesome beard that is perfect for grabbing onto. I liked pulling on it with both hands and listening to him scream. Except one time it scared me and I accidentally started crying. What I really wanted to do was put the thing in my mouth, but every time I tried my mom freaked out and wouldn't let me...something about it being gross.




I had a great time in Idaho. My mom and dad brought my bouncer so that I could hang between the living room and kitchen and bounce to my little heart's content. I hardly ever had to play by myself; however, my mom still made sure I took an occasional nap even though I tried to cry harder to get Grandma or Grandpa to come save me.


The first day we were in Idaho my mom's friend Makenna came over to visit with her little boy Rhett. Rhett is way bigger than me but I still thought he was pretty awesome. That is...until he stole my barf rag.





Seriously, what's up with that anyway?





Before they left to fly back to South Carolina, we took a happy little picture. Too bad I'm not looking at the camera. I'm pretty sure Dad tried hard to get me to look because he kept saying my name. (I'm still pretending that I don't recognize my name)






Grandma Nina and Grandpa Ken (who was trying to get me to call him GK...I'm not sure that's going to stick) got to read me lots of bedtime stories too. Here is GK reading me a story that he said was called F-Off Peers. He told me it was about not doing what your friends tell you to do if you know it's not a good idea. I'll have to remember that phrase for when I'm in school.




When GK read the next book he made some wierd noise whenever he turned the page. My mom said she used to listen to this book on tape she was little and when she was supposed to turn the page there was a grasshopper sound. GK was remembering the tape and making the sound for me...isn't that cute?





That's it for day one in Idaho. Lots more to come!



P.S.Mom took a picture of these Creamies because she wanted Jenny and Dallin to see them. Something about Crazy Dallin never having heard of them.


No comments: