Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm such a bad mom.

Now before any of you try to say, "no, no Miranda, you're a great mom" let me state my case. My baby LOVES TV.

My three-month old you guys. Oh yeah! And I have documented evidence:


Here.



Here. (she's straining to see it behind her)


And Here.

But that's not the worst part. The worst part is that I'm taking advantage of it. I practically condone it. For Shame! Just yesterday I wanted to eat dinner, so I plopped Zayley down on the Boppy right in front of My Name Is Earl, and she loved it.

It is for this reason that today I purchased this:
Ugh. I used to hate these things. I thought I could provide enough stimulation for my baby without buying a contraption that's designed to do it all for me. But you know what? I can't. Not if I want to eat. Also, it's time for Azalea to start reaching for and batting at toys, and it's hard for me to hold something over her head the entire time I'm playing with her. So maybe this play mat will be a nice solution. I haven't taken it out of the box yet because I'm still having trouble owning the decision of buying it. I'll leave the batteries out of it to make me feel better. In the meantime maybe I'll just go buy all the toys. All the toys I ever though I hated since apparently I'll be buying them eventually anyway.

So okay maybe I'm not a bad mom. I'll try to keep Zayley's television viewing time under 15 minutes a day. And my goal will be that she spends more time with me entertaining her instead of plastic. Then I'll get to see more adorable faces like this one...

3 comments:

Jason & Makenna said...

I can't believe how enraptured she is by your TV. Too funny. I too hated all the crazy toys....not anymore. They are absolutely necessary for me to do dishes, shower, visit the bathroom, eat, the list could go on and on. I think the best thing we have ever got was our little jumper/saucer thingy. Rhett loves it and it is a lifesaver when it comes to fixing dinner and eating. I can't put him in the Bjorn to do those things anymore since he grabs a hold of anything that gets near his chubby hands...knives and babies are no good. Get it out of the box and enjoy 10 minutes to eat lunch!

Dr_Lorney said...

Uncle Lorney thinks you should start her watching baseball now. I can live with a niece that roots for the Rockies, and baseball is slow enough it won't ruin her attention span. And we'll have something to talk about next time I see her.

The Goldade's said...

we love My Name is Earl just as much as Zayley!