Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter Has Come and Gone Already?

When Gail's Easter package arrived on our doorstep on March 19th I wondered why she had sent it a month early. Apparently Easter was to be the following Sunday and I had no idea. It's like having a baby has put me in a time vacuum or something. Luckily, our friends had already started planning an Easter dinner and were also happy to come over for a last-minute Easter Egg Coloring Extravaganza (a.k.a. Color Easter eggs while watching some episodes of 30 Rock and Battlestar Galactica)


Aren't our eggs impressive? We made the stripes using rubber bands...I got the idea from Real Simple magazine.

We planned on going to church on Easter Sunday, but since Azalea decided to stay up until 3:00 AM the previous morning, we decided that it would be best to spend our first Easter as a family at home...in bed. That evening we headed over to Ben and Rachel's for an Easter feast! They made ham, green beans, asparagus, and deviled eggs. We made pork ribs and scalloped potatoes. Mmmm...


Azalea got all dressed up even though she didn't get to show her cute self off at church. Please note the socks that look like shoes. She loves them so much that she asks to wear them everyday.

3 comments:

Hewards said...

She is beautiful Mand, and the rubberband idea is really smart I can't wait to try it next year. By the way you looke GREAT!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I love the socks and I hope she doesn't grow out of them too fast!

Jason & Makenna said...

Real Simple is one of my all time fav mags! They always have the best ideas. Do you ever wonder why this little doll is not exhausted? I often think, surely Rhett will pass out at any given moment. I can hardly keep my eyes open. How is he not tired???? I really wonder where the expression "Sleep like a baby" came from. I think it is meant to be an ironic expression. At least her cuteness makes up for it....most the time anyway, right? :)