Friday, December 14, 2007

It's a dog's life

Not even Izzy likes to get up in the morning.

See?


Here's a closeup so you can really get a feel for the eyes.


Again, note the eyes.


Since Miranda is the one that took the picture (I was probably still in bed) I'll let her add any sort of back story she would like here.

Miranda here. Yes, in fact Nate was still asleep when I took these pictures. I typically get up before him in the morning to get ready for work. If we think it is going to be really cold at night (or if the news tells us to) we let Izzy sleep inside. The above pictures are a perfect example of what she looks like in the morning when I try to put her outside.

I find it difficult to wake up in the morning and look at my comfortably sleeping husband, and then try not to disturb my comfortably sleeping dog. The jealousy is consuming. Sometimes it looks like Izzy might want to go outside...or I've been woken up by the sound of her paws digging around on her bed. So I say something like "are you ready to go outside?"...and she looks at me as if saying "are you kidding me? I'm not the poor sap that has to go to work." And I try not to push her off her bed as I step over her to get to the bathroom.

No comments: