Friday, April 10, 2009

Critical Micelle Concentration

I know, I know, this blog is supposed to be about Azalea, with an occasional post about her parents. But this was just too cool to not slap up on my blog. It's how soap works, with candy corn, in space. It's also a big deal for water treatment, where you run across the critical micelle (My-Cell) concentration from time to time. Anyway, I grabbed this video from the Science Friday website.

Also, if you're viewing this in a reader, come visit my blog to see the video. There was something up with the embed code and it doesn't seem to be showing up.

6 comments:

siberianluck said...

That's surprisingly disgusting. Especially how the guy eats the candy corn. Also his last sentence made me think of Doctor Hess

Nate said...

You're so square!

Bill said...

very interesting but I hope nobody breathed in those globules of melted candy corn that floated away from the ball in the video

Jaime said...

Word. gotta love Ira.

Staci said...

Perhaps it's the enginerd in us, but I find that so cool! I have to wonder if there's a way to turn that into a science project for one of my boys...

Thanks for the idea!

John and Debi said...

cool! ...and really gross. :)