Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cheer Up Grandma!


Apparently my mom and I both had kind of bad days yesterday. She emailed me requesting pictures of Azalea to cheer her up. Unfortunately, I received that email at the height of my crankiness and seriously contemplated quiting the blog forever because I couldn't handle the pressure of constantly keeping it updated. (so I get a little stressed...back off)

It seems like when I have bad days, I lose all ability to cope with Azalea's evening neediness. And yes, contrary to popular opinion, Zayley does cry and demands face time in the evening. I've learned that I have to consciously tell myself the morning after a bad day that "today is a new day." Otherwise, the fact that Zayley is crying first thing in the morning would probably set me off just as quickly as it did the night before. So far, it works wonderfully. Also, taking pictures of my baby's nasty cookie face helps a lot too. Seriously, how did she get the goo to look like a goatee?

So don't worry about work, mom. Come to Denver and eat cookies with Zayley instead! In the meantime, I'm taking applications for somebody to keep my blog updated. I just don't have time. The pay is...well, the pay is not good.

5 comments:

noisy penguin said...

I had a crappy day yesterday too. This totally helps.

Nina said...

Thanks, that helped get rid of the blues from yesterday

Korbi said...

She is a cutie and makes me smile. :)

Serin said...

That grin is contagious! Those teething cookies make SUCH a mess... perfect for pictures!

Unknown said...

You crack me up...thanks for this post and your cute humor, so what it is worth, keep posting!